Welcome

Please subscribe, comment and request.
If you would like to share a story or anything please do. If you send it to me I will put it up.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

nice encounter while doing laundry

well I been unemployed for about 6 months now and been very patient so far during this whole ordeal. Traveled to Durham for a few appointments and found a nice laundromat along the way. Luckily I had my dirty laundry with me, so I stopped in and although Durham is in the news everyday for crime(murders and burglary) I met the nicest man there. I believe he was from India or somewhere near there. He actually suggested I save on my laundry bill by paying to use the new washers and he would include the drying for free. So I got all set up and started the wash.

To my surprise they had working arcade games. Of course I spent the quarter in the neogeo arcade machine and played a great game called king of the monsters. I used to play this as a kid, so it brought back alot of found memories. I played as Beetle Mania and made it through a few levels easily. Although Astro Guy kicked my butt. :P

after playing my game I talked with the man some and he told me about a great place to work at, he gave me his information and said he would be a great reference for me. him having worked there some years ago. So I took all the information on the company and finished my laundry. Irregardless if I get the job or not I think I will take the extra trip to do my laundry in his place. One good turn deserves another!

No comments:

Post a Comment